Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pacers Extend Foster's Contract

Foster is entering his 10th season with the Pacers and has career averages of 5.0 points and seven rebounds.

"Jeff wants to be with the Pacers. He wants to finish his career here," Bird said. "It was a very easy negotiation. He was all for being here and we're just glad to have him back."

In the final season of his contract, he had no interest in becoming a free agent next summer and the Pacers had no intention of letting him get away.

"I've never been a free agent and it's not something I necessarily want to explore," said Foster. "I want to finish my career here."

Foster will be 34 when this contract expires but isn't sure this will be his last deal.

"Not necessarily," he said. "You never know. Hopefully, I have three more years and we'll revisit where we are at the end of it. I like the direction we're headed. I've been through the good and obviously the bad and I'd like to do whatever is humanly possible to help us get back to where we need to be."

More NBA news at my NBA spot

No comments: